LBD


Dress C/O SheIn | Jacket C/O Chicwish | Thrifted Belt | Secret Sheer Tights | Steve Madden Pumps

Little black dresses, like trench coats, blue jeans and other classic pieces of clothing, may change slightly over the years but will never really go out of fashion. There really is one that suits almost everyone’s tastes and personal sense of style. 

Some are a little flashy with embellishments, sequins, or beads. And some are more simple and versatile, like this one from SheIn. I prefer the latter, myself. Because it doesn't stand out too much on its own, it leaves plenty of room for you to style it according to your personal style by what you wear with it. I went with black pumps, sheer black tights, a leather belt in a contrasting colour, and a loose fitting army green jacket. 

I hadn’t had a reason to really dress up recently, so I spent a little more time than usual fussing over how to style this dress. A few years ago, I would’ve gone for all black accessories and red lipstick would’ve been a given. I’m still fond of all black, even if I don’t wear it nearly as often as I used to. Red lipstick, though... I keep putting on red lipstick only to wipe it off and apply something more neutral instead. Old habits die hard. I should really get around to changing the name of this blog.