Outfit | Suede and Denim


Vintage Jean Jacket | Faux Suede Bra Top C/O SheIn | Black Jeans from Sirens | Steve Madden Pumps

Well it's certainly been a while, hasn't it? It seems hard to believe summer is, for all intents and purposes, over. I feel like it flew by before I even really had a chance to think about it. Fragmented by packing, moving, unpacking, and getting settled in to a new place, I almost feel like I missed it. Although, my fading tan lines inform me otherwise...

 Moving on, this look was styled around a faux suede fringed bra-top from SheIn. Ordering it on a warm summery day, I hadn't considered how the weather may shift by the time it arrived in the postbox. Picking up the package on one in a string of several cool, rainy days, I realised my minor screw up. I abandoned the summery, slightly beachy look I had in mind to go for something a little more seasonally appropriate.

I wanted to pair the top with high waisted blue jeans, but something about how the bottom of the fringe hit the waist of the jeans created a very unflattering box-like silhouette. 'Low rise jeans, it is then', I thought and grabbed an old pair of black jeans. Not surprisingly, ten pounds gone later, they didn't fit quite how I remembered. For a moment I considered wearing a belt, but quickly decided I didn't need or want to wear one. I tossed on an old jean jacket to keep the look casual, but probably wound up negating the casual vibe by wearing heels, even though they're not particularly nice ones. They're old and battered and gave me four blisters when I (stupidly) wore them to a car show in Sidney late last month. In my defence, I had worn them countless times before without any trouble. Thought I was in the clear, was not, paid the price of only being able to wear thongs for days. Such is life.

So, that's my first little outfit post since moving house done and dusted! It's quite different from the first look I posted after moving last year but it also feels a bit more like 'me', if that makes any sense at all. I've got a few ideas for new posts in mind, so I'm hoping to be a little more consistent when it comes to this blog. I'd really like to be. And I'd also like to say thank you to everyone who keeps coming back and has stuck with me through all my little 'disappearances'. I hope you've all had a lovely long weekend.

X