Honey, put on that party dress


Dress C/O Chicwish | Belt from Sirens | Coat from Dots | DIY Pumps

I may wear a lot of black, but that shouldn't be taken as a fear of bright colours! I'm just picky about bright colours. Red has been a favourite since I was little. I paired this gorgeous red party dress from Chicwish with a pair of heels that I glittered last December. I wore them for the first time to a political event the week before Christmas last year and a nice older lady complimented me on my 'sparkly Christmas, or Liberal, shoes'. Both, maybe. I debated whether or not to belt this dress for about twenty minutes and ultimately decided that I should. Trying to spend less time obsessing over minuscule things, not having much success yet. And because the nights are still chilly (despite it bloody nearly being summertime!), I opted for a little faux fur leopard print coat that I bought on sale for $5 earlier this year.

This is the first in a series of two evening wear posts in collaboration with Chicwish.