Hello lovelies, I thought I would write a little update post since I haven't done one in a while. I've been so busy lately. I have a bunch of decent ideas for posts, so hopefully I can turn some of those ideas into actual posts!
01. I've been trying to perfect a new makeup look, inspired by this makeup tutorial done by MasqueradeMakeup. She has so many lovely tutorials, you should definitely give her YouTube channel a look! I'm planning on trying to do the Adele's Grammy's 2012 makeup and the Sopfia Loren one sometime soon.
I've noticed, from past experience, it normally takes me about three tries to get a new makeup style looking right -- I've done this one twice (a couple of photos of the second attempt below!) so perhaps once more and I'll have it sorted! I really need to buy a couple of new eyeshadows -- my old favourites are starting to get all used up, especially the nice matte cream colour I use all the time.
02. On Tuesday afternoon I attended a talk/question and answer session held by Liberal MP Justin Trudeau at the University of Victoria. It was the first talk I've ever gone to, and I'm so glad I attended, Justin Trudeau makes a very inspiring and passionate speaker. It's gotten me sort of psyched for the party's upcoming leadership race as there may be some other talks and what not held in Victoria during that. But I won't go into detail so as not to bore you all to death talking about politics -- I do enough of that on Twitter!
I took a quick picture with my mobile phone -- but the bloody thing wouldn't let me zoom in at all for some unknown reason, so this is the best I could do.
Mum and I were watching the news later on that evening and they did a segment about the talk and she spotted me in the background of the shot. How weird, haha.
03. These two pictures are from attempt #2 at the makeup I wrote about above.
Nerdy had to get in on the photo taking action! She pulls the best faces, no?
04. I've recently listed a bunch of accessories, clothes, shoes on my eBay. All of the items are listed as Auctions, but I also have Buy It Now prices listed for all of them. All listings end on the 21st of March and I am more than happy to answer any enquiries about any of the items!
05. I'm not sure how many of you are fans of Marina and the Diamonds, but I absolutely love, love, love her newest single and video, Primadonna! I don't know that I've loved a music video so much since Lady Gaga's Bad Romance. I'm also a bit obsessed with her Starring Role demo. Love Marina.
06. As you may have noticed I've recently changed my blog's layout. I really like it, but I still may make a few minor changes before I'm completely done with it. I've also decided to start using Blogger to upload my photos -- rather than TinyPic. They keep randomly deleting my photos and that -- well, that just doesn't work for me. I found a neat hack that allows you to upload larger photos on blogger than the standard small size -- it can be found here for all curious! I'm also intending to change my blog's URL sometime in the near future, but I haven't decided what to change it to quite yet.